Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
In the last days i noticed problems to play some of my films or tv shows (mkv, ripped from bluray). After waking up the shield, open kodi and start a video the loading circle stay forever and the video is not starting.When i close Kodi, open kodi again and try to play the video it work.

After update Unraid, factoy reset shield, new kodi install with different versions i found why this happend:

If the kodi setting "Adjust display refresh rate" is set to "on Start/Stop" i have the problem. If it set to "off" the video starts every time and after a shield wake up as well.

I have a debug-log from kodi from what i test: 

rohozaraji.kodi (paste)

start kodi
play the video 12 Monkeys for few seconds, all ok
stop video, the shield is going to sleep
start shield and kodi
start the video 12 Monkeys, loading circle, the video doesnt play
Stop, close kodi

The setting with the display rate refresh, it is a standard setting i ever use so i think it can only be a problem with one of the last 2 updates from the shield..

anyone else have something like this? i posted that in the shield forum, but they are not interested in that.. Undecided
Unraid: Asus Z97Extreme4 / Xeon E3-1231 3,4 GHZ / 32GB RAM / 17TB HDD / Cine TV C2/T2 DuoFlex / EasyMouse2 / Docker: EmbyServer, TVheadend, OSCam, OpenVPN-AS
3 Rooms: NVidia Shield 2017 / Kodi 18 | Kitchen: 5i3RYK / 4GB RAM / Win10 / Emby

Messages In This Thread
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018 - by himisk71 - 2019-03-08, 22:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188