Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
I see the problem is that "release" is a physical realization while "album" (and for that matter EP, single, etc) are descriptors that may or may not correlate 1:1 to a release.  While it might be nice to show "albums" as separate from "releases", that seems like a really complicated design issue, as the next thing is the idea of a "recording".  In that sense a box-set isn't that much different from a compilation, except that the track layout mimics the "original" release.

So I can see the value, but it's getting more and more complex and maintaining it will be a b****.

From looking at MB, it seems like when a box set is a group of physical media identical to existing releases, editors can link the "stand alone" release to the box set release, but not a specific medium (disc x of y) in the set.  In some cases a box set does not exactly correspond to a group of other release media (eg digital "box set") and the link isn't made, as the digital release is considered single-medium.

But for us, I think that the ability to at least group a Kodi "album" into media (if the media have their own names) goes a long way towards user-friendliness.  Then rely on filter logic on album title or medium title if user wants to find all instances of album x.

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by scott967 - 2019-08-05, 23:11
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0