Win HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player
I originally posted this in the Intel Coffee Lake (NUC) forum but got no response so hoping I might get some here.

What am I doing wrong? I recently got an nuc8i3 and this week got a new Vizio PX75-G1. When I use the builtin netflix app and play 4k hdr content it looks great. When I run Windows on it and set Windows to HDR mode it looks like crap. Literally the non-HDR desktop looks more amazing. Next problem I have is even when I turn on Kodi with windows set to HDR mode the tv is reporting its still running in HDR10 mode. I thought going into a non-HDR app was suppose to put it into SDR mode and then when you quit Kodi it goes back into HDR mode. I followed most of the guide from this post (I stopped where you start doing the post-processing settings, basically I ended after I set MadVR to passthrough HDR to the display). Decided to fire up Kodi and not convinced anything is working. When I leave windows in SDR mode it doesn't switch to HDR mode when playback starts and when I have windows in HDR mode the picture looks washed out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player - by pletopia - 2019-08-19, 01:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player7