Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)
(2019-10-20, 03:13)Sjors125 Wrote: @ozkhan1 As I used it primarily for Kodi (and secondly for Dutch tv apps and for Netflix) and not for gaming; the Minix did everything I wanted to do for less money, with great perfomance, and not having the lack of apps from Android TV. I really wanted to buy a Shield at first, but all major TV broadcaster's apps from The Netherlands were not supported, except for one, so that really was a no go. Years after that, I bought a 4k OLED tv and Nvidia couldn't fix the color space issue, so that was a no go too.

@hdmkv Do you really think a 2015 Shield would outperform the AMLogic S922-XJ from the new Minix?

To be clear, I do not intend to start a "this one is far better and I bash that one"-discussion. I just did not understand why everyone was in cloud 9 with the Shield, as it was great, but not perfect. (Which none of the mediaplayers are, by the way)

As for now, I guess my money goes to eighter one of these:

Odroid N2,
Shield 2019,
the Minix U22-XJ

...as those 3 seem to be the best buys at the moment for Kodi + 4k HDR.
As I already have a great Netflix app on my 4k tv, and my bedroom tv is only SDR 1080p, I do not really need 4k Netflix on my device, so that is not a dealbreaker at the moment.

Well that makes sense now since you have different requirements being in Netherland.
In the US, most of us wanted something thst did Kodi with hd audio, and ultrahd Netflix. You can always sideload other android apps with the shield. Other boxes do t offer the official Netflix experience. For me personally it was worth paying approx $200 bucks for just one box simply for the WAF, even though the upscaling looked bad on our 4k tv.

I would not mind spending that much money again if the new Shield TV offers better upscaling..

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - by ozkhan1 - 2019-10-20, 03:23
Dolby Digital AC3 vs PCM Quality - by RKCRLR - 2021-02-25, 22:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model)1