Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
(2019-11-15, 03:44)scott967 Wrote: Looking forward to testing this.  But, doesn't this need to be skinned?

scott s.

Nope Smile

Whilst there are a couple of new infolabels, the disc navigation will work 'out of the box' with any skin.  Or it should do.  If you have disc subtitles in your music tags, then after a re-scan, those will be automatically displayed in a similar way to album titles.

Of course, skins can be enhanced to display the extra info but it's not 100% necessary initially.  I added this to the infowall view in Estuary.

xml:
                <control type="label">
                    <visible>!String.IsEqual(ListItem.Title,ListItem.Label)</visible>
                    <left>29</left>
                    <top>300</top>
                    <width>260</width>
                    <label>$PARAM[sub_label] ~ $PARAM[single_label]</label>
                    <font>font10</font>
                    <shadowcolor>text_shadow</shadowcolor>
                    <scroll>$PARAM[focused]</scroll>
                    <align>center</align>
                </control>

So when navigating the discs, if the album title is different to the disc title it displays 'Album title ~ Disc Title'.  For disc 1 of Adele's 19, the disc title is the same as the album so it just displays '19', but for the second it displays '19 ~ Live at the Cafe Del Mar'.  I'm no skinner by any stretch so I'm very much looking forward to see what's possible and whether I've missed something a skinner might need.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Messages In This Thread
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by black_eagle - 2019-11-15, 09:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0