Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
Ok tried this out with not much success at first, which is pretty much what I expected, as i couldnt understand how it would recognise a boxset just by Album title and discnumber

I was testing on a 5 cd box set which was stored in a folder with 5 subfolders one for each CD, each folder has a different folder.jpg file
each CD has a different album tag and is numbered 1/5 2/5 etc

after first scan nothing appeared any different so i removed the folders and cleaned the db

I then tried one cd using picard (outwith kodi) and saw that it changed the ALBUM tag and added a DISCSUBTITLE and DISCTOTAL tags.

I dont use musicbrainz as i already have everything tagged the way i want, so I used mp3tag and manually changed the 5 cds accordingly setting them all to the same ALBUM name and giving each CD the correct disc title, and after scanning again not surprisingly everything works as expected

I like the way the artwork picks up the folder.jpg from the top level directory to display as boxset image and displays the correct artwork for each subfolder

what year is used for placing the boxset in the artist/year album view is it the year of the last track on the last album ?

how does the option "split albums into individual discs" affect boxsets ?

Messages In This Thread
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by tkgafs - 2019-11-30, 20:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0