Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
(2020-02-18, 10:51)DaveBlake Wrote: Trying to trick Kodi into displaying multiple different albums each with a MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID like one big release is not going to work. Kodi uses the mbid when it is present to uniquely identify the album.
Yep. A big part of my massive retagging project is getting Musicbrainz IDs in everything. Once I started playing these games with boxsets, I chose to forgo ALBUM ID while always including RELEASEGROUP ID , ARTIST ID, TRACK ID. Hopefully this won't bite me down the line.
Quote:Yes, there is no nice way to update the identifying tag values of something without a clean out, I really can't see a robust way to make that possible. Video library has a management facility because the data is only in the db derrived from scraping the filename (or maybe from an nfo) while music lib entries are tied to the embedded tag data. The tag basis for the library has lots of benfits, but a few downsides.

The songs from a disc can be filtered using smart playlist rules, but it is user unfriendly (fixing it is something lost on my todo list). You need to know that disc + track are held as a combined number and base the rule on that. I am being vague becasue I can't check details right now and so working from memory, sorry.
Understand I don't "blame" Kodi for not doing exactly what i want it to do in every case, sorry if my previous post came across as negative. I see myself as playing on the bleeding edge in my own small way, and mostly wanted to let HeresJohnny know about some of the pitfalls that I ran across in case it helps him achieve what he's after. Your ongoing attention to all this is GREATLY appreciated.
(2020-02-18, 11:22)black_eagle Wrote: I think that @antisuck is more after seeing a list of discs where the disc title contains 'SACD' or whatever and then being able to navigate into one of those discs or play it.
Spot on.
Quote:Tech question - would grouping by disctitle and setting pItem->m_bIsFolder = true facilitate a nav view like this if the isFolder parameter was passed in as part of the url as an option ? Just a random thought for later Wink
I barely understand that, are you saying that Kodi can display groups of songs in an arbitrary "container" (like album view) based on setting this IsFolder flag? Super cool if it's true. Don't get me started thinking... Wink
And I can't fail to mention my appreciation for the work you've been doing recently. Great stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by antisuck - 2020-02-18, 23:30
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0