Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
Have not read the entire thread, but I get the basic scope of the discussion here. Just wanted to intone on how I set up my media library, and at the same time ask a question that's been bugging me for a while.

Currently, I have some albums / collections in my library twice, because of the (current) limitations over multi-disc sets, given that I don't (in the main) want to play back all the disks of a given set in one sitting, so still retaining the individual standalone albums in addition to the complete box set makes finding the album / disc of choice easier.

The issue I have at the moment with the way things work, at least in v18, is with disc artwork. Before Leia, Kodi would read the discart.png (or cdart.png) files from the same folder the music resided in. It didn't matter if it was in the album root folder, or in a "Disc X" subfolder. It seems, at least with several skins I've used in v18, that Kodi is only picking up discart.pngs from the "Disc 1" folder for any given multi-disc album. To clarify, my naing scheme in MusicBrainz Picard is as follows:

Single Disc Releases: Music Library  (Root Folder)\Album Artist\[Year] Album Name\Track# - Track Artist(s) - Track Title.ext

Multi-Disc Releases: Music Library  (Root Folder)\Album Artist\[Year] Album Name\Disc #\Disc#-Track# - Track Artist(s) - Track Title.ext (Please note the difference between Disc # and Disc#)

So this becomes...

Single Disk Album Example: Music\Aerosmith\[1973] Aerosmith\01 - Aerosmith - Make It.mp3

Multi-Disk Album Example: Music\[2001] Young Lust_ The Aerosmith Anthology\Disc 1\1-01 - Aerosmith - Let The Music Do The Talking.mp3

Now with the above being the case, and with both albums having complete discart.png coverage, if I play a track from Disc 2, from the multi-disk album, artwork shown in Kodi is still that of Disc 1. Who is at fault, Kodi or the skin in question? I ask the question since I've seen this problem in multiple skins, so at this point am suspecting this is a Kodi issue (since the above naming nomenclature worked fine in v17 (Krypton).

EDIT: To clarify, the folder.jpg and discart.png files reside with the music tracks, so for multi-disc albums, under the "Disc #" folder, and not in the parent (album) folder.

Dan / Gib.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by gibxxi - 2020-02-27, 02:21
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0