Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
Just to say, I wrote the mini guide because I felt as if the art stuff was "hiding in the background" and people might not realize initially just how to get the multiple covers and discs to work (especially as this sort of thing in the past needed skin support).  It was easy for me to get my art working because, like Max Boyce, "I was there" whilst Dave was writing it, and got to test it out.  It's an excellent implementation too because it means any skin, even stock Estuary, can support multiple cover art for sets without any skin modifications in v19.

Something else that can be done, and I didn't put it in the guide because its purely a skinners thing (and I've only just remembered!), is that all the art is also directly accessible with ListItem.Art(thumb1), ListItem.Art(thumb2) etc and the same for discart.  So you can for instance, replace the album/set cover in DialogMusicInfo with mini covers or discs of the full set.  Nine of them fit quite nicely into the box that Estuary defines in that dialog for the main cover.

In fact (going further off topic) the way that Kodi now has an art map where you can add an arttype of <foo> and then display it in a skin with ListItem.Art(foo) is extremely flexible and opens up a raft of possibilities.  Booklets for sets for instance https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2928523 . I'm really rather interested to see what skinners come up with in the future given this flexibility - doubtless it will be much better than my off-centre effort in that post.

</off topic>
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by black_eagle - 2020-03-03, 10:58
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0