Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature
(2020-10-07, 10:56)black_eagle Wrote: DISCNUMBER and TRACKNUMBER are intrinsically linked internally.  Otherwise for any multiple disc album it is impossible to determine which track belongs to which disc.

Is it really impossible to use DISCSUBTITLE in case the DISCNUMBER is empty? This feature will be useful in case one wants to treat several versions of the same album as a kind of Boxset. No one knows in this case which disc is №1 or №2 or №3 - they are just a bunch of the same discs with different mastering for example. In case of singles there could be even endless numbers of discs - all that regular editions, limited editions, extra limited editions, club promos, radio promos, US editions, Japanese editions and so on... Wouldn't it be easier to put all of them into a single entry under the Artist than to navigate each disc individually? Of course it is possible to number each disc but no one actually knows how to number such discs as none of then 1st, none of them 2nd...

I currently use public Alpha 2. Thank you for disable "Use original release date of albums for year" advise. As English is not my mother's I wouldn't ever imagine I should disable this settings to make it possible to sort by ORIGINALDATE. ))

Messages In This Thread
RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - by garfield - 2020-10-07, 18:45
[split] Singles - by garfield - 2019-10-06, 00:59
RE: [split] Singles - by Harbour - 2022-01-31, 09:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature0