Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-23, 09:56)noggin Wrote: Apple TV+ is on Amazon but not Google Play I believe though?

The television version of Apple TV+ app is not available on Google Play for Android TV.

The television version of Apple TV+ app is only available on third-generation Apple TV and later, Roku, Amazon Fire TV (Fire OS), non-Android smart TVs by LG, Samsung, and Vizio, plus most recently also a few select Android TV based televisions by Sony.

https://support.apple.com/guide/tvplus/welcome/web

And due to encryption it is not possible to cast/stream the Apple TV+ app from your iOS smart phone or tablet (like iPhone and iPad) to Kodi or one of those third-party AirPlay apps available on Google Play for Android TV.

Had this dilemma when got 1-year free Apple TV+ with a new Apple iDevice and the cheapest solution was to buy a Amazon Fire TV got to get access to Apple TV+ on my Philips Android TV television in the living-room.

My guess is that the television version of Apple TV+ app will become available on more branded Android TV based smart televisions only when Apple makes a backroom deal with the larger company who owns that brand, like Arcelik, Bang & Olufsen, Hisense, RCA, TCL Corporation, Philips, and Vestel. Perhaps also Nvidia for Nvidia Shield TV if they too make a deal that will benifit Apple.

Sadly my guess is that it will likely not come to the standard Google Play store for Android TV on this Google TV dongle or other small-time Android TV based set-top boxes anytime soon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by RockerC - 2020-10-23, 15:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0