Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-24, 05:29)MrCrispy Wrote: I hope that GoogleTv will soon get integrated search working with Kodi. From what I've read there are some new APIs that need to be supported. but I don't know the details - whether its work to be done by Kodi, other apps or Google?

It was same with AndroidTv. the search didn't show search results from other apps like Plex, then they were updated and it did.

Full Google Assistant working in Kodi would be great!

I've got my fingers crossed for the same thing; it'd be really neat to have my streaming services integrated alongside my local media via Kodi. No idea how possible this even is though since my own attempts to find documentation on the relevant API (if it's even public yet) just finds results for the Chromecast API or other older Android TV stuff like the Leanback API (which Kodi already supports, and I use to get stuff nicely on the homescreen on my Shield TV personally, but playlists don't appear to be exposed to this new interface in the same way).

Very funny that Google, of all companies, would come up with branding that makes Googling for specific aspects of a product impossible Tongue
XBMC on a barebones (K)Ubuntu 10.04
....on a PIII 600mHz with a GeForce 8400GS 512mb PCI, yes my HTPC can play hi-def videos despite being mostly manufactured in 1999.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by KeithZG - 2020-11-05, 11:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0