Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-11-09, 11:34)LamaFache Wrote: - Kodi experience is good except the following point :

I cannot force any TV resolution using the whitelist feature of Kodi. This is something I used previously on my stick because it let the TV do the upscale and my Philips do it very well (thanks to P5 engine)
Not possible with the google device, it is forced to the resolution I set on the device and I cannot change it while playing a video (this is not a problem on the firestick TV ...)

Yes - this is linked to the lack of frame rate switching too. It seems that Google don't expose all supported resolutions and frame rates to apps, and instead just expose the system settings resolution and frame rate. There seems to be no way for apps to change this - unlike on other Android TV platforms like the nVidia Shield TV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by noggin - 2020-11-10, 11:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0