Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
(2021-02-16, 12:42)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-02-16, 11:46)JockeSve Wrote: Why pictures part is treated differently from other types of media is somewhat a mystery...

I'd say it's a separate type of expertise. Don't ask a baker how many types of meat there are on a farm... (or something similar).

And yes, Team Kodi has some personnel problems to solve in Windows and Android areas alone. We are 'hiring' new people as much as possible, but it's not like we can open up a can with fresh developers. It still is open-source. People contribute where then can, when they can. And Kodi is not an easy beast to handle code-wise (from what I've been told), so it'll need to work from a powerful PC to a Raspberry Pi 2/3 with SDcards, and everything in between.

I wish I could offer you my services, but I'm not a software developer in Team Kodi. I do have some programming as well as SQL database background where I could help out, but Python and C++ are basically Chinese to me.

I'm not sure if something internal is to be created (for speed considerations, scraping 30,000+ photos will take some time) when scanning/reading photos for EXIF content, or that an external like EXITtool can be implemented. It's gonna be quite the database when I look quickly at this fields listing -> https://exiftool.org/TagNames/EXIF.html But that you probably already knew as this thread started in 2012.. Rolleyes

Yepp, it took quite a while even if I took help from a really powerful workstation (borrowed) at the time. But it's "only" a one time task...
The DB was more or less running at 99-100% all the time.

My concern is that the photo/picture part seems to be pretty much overlooked.
Nothing (at least visible) has been added/changed last few releases.
And with the new Python 3 release around corner, the last fully featured tool stops working...

Anyway, thanks for info and reply!!

Messages In This Thread
Beta Testers needed - by Xycl - 2012-11-06, 12:14
Filter / TAG Question ? - by knutklo - 2015-04-07, 16:38
RE: MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - by JockeSve - 2021-02-16, 14:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1