WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-03-10, 22:47)Croneter Wrote:
(2021-03-10, 19:13)Montellese Wrote: I just imported ~9K movies from a Plex media server and it took 95 minutes of which 85 minutes were spent on retrieving the items and 10 minutes were spent on writing the items to the database.
I'd think that PlexKodiConnect is a couple of magnitudes faster than that, though I can't test on a large library. Took months to improve... Have you looked at its code, specifically the MySQL and Plex metadata retrieval part?

@Croneter I took a closer look at what python-plexapi does and it first retrieves a list of 100 items (specified by mediaimporter.plex) and then retrieves the metadata for every item separately. I did some manual testing and couldn't figure out how to retrieve multiple items from a library section with all necessary metadata (cast, media parts, ...). How do you do that as part of PKC?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Montellese - 2021-03-15, 13:54
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10