Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-18, 15:41)noggin Wrote:
(2020-10-18, 04:25)gizmomel Wrote: I picked up my two Google TV + Chromecasts from a local retailer on Thursday (Australia) and have been quite impressed with the brief play around I've had so far - I had a quick trial playing a movie (24fps) on 1080p60 and couldn't see any stutter streaming over 2.4GHz wifi.

Hmm - 24fps content displayed correctly at 60fps and viewed at 60fps will always have 3:2 stutter (assuming 3:2 cadence is used to get from 24 to 60). However :

yeah I ended up switching back to my old amlogic S905 chipset based android media player (running CoreElec) as the judder from non-adaptive framerates annoyed me too much when watching movies or older PAL content.  Also the lack of DTS passthrough on the LG CX TV itself was a huge annoyance - so now the S905 media player is connected to HDMI 1 input on my SN11RG sound bar and E-ARC connected between the TV and soundbar - adaptive framerate works, native DTS/DTS-HD/DTS:X/Atmos etc. all decoded by the sound bar and in sync.  It supports HDR10 video, not Dolby Vision - but I'm not seeing that much difference (DV allows different gamma levels between scenes, so not enough of a loss imo when compared to the better audio experience).  Oh and I was really happy decoding my SACDs to DTS .WAV format and it 'just working'.

So it's a goodbye from me to the Google chromecast.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by gizmomel - 2021-05-18, 13:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0