tvOS New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote
Well, I have a receiver/amp (Denon X2700h) but I have found Kodi's pass through a bit hit and miss, to be honest, so I decode as a matter of choice.  With passthrough i will sometimes experience no sound or wonky sound (e.g. vocals through eh sub woofer) and then I have to change...everyone hates me fiddling with things in the flow of the evening so I just gave up on it (I note some PRs on github look to be addressing some of these things actually).  Anyway, given I have only 5.1 speakers, I don't think I'm losing anything of functional importance there, personally.  But the lack of HDR would definitely be a loss.  I've been enjoying HDR with the Coreelec/N2 setup, which I have to say is (generally) just super reliable as a player. 

But I just wondered, for those that want to use Apps (not so much me personally, but family and friends would like a 1 box solution....) - whether the AppleTV might be a go.  But doesn't sound like it really, unfortunately.  Of course there are other apps, Infuse etc, as an option....but I've got a 10+ year pretty deep Kodi habit, so personally I am not going anywhere...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote - by bossanova808 - 2021-06-10, 00:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Apple TV 4K w/A12 Chip & Redesigned Remote0