MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
Wink 
(2021-07-20, 21:16)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: Just picked up a Mecool KM2 and whilst I'm really impressed with it, I can't for the life of me get audio passthrough to work on Kodi (or any other player VLC included). I've tried my old HDMI to TV, TV optical out to AVR trick (which even worked on the Libreelec Raspberry pi kodi but its no go here) and also plugged the KM2 direct from its SPDIF to the AVR and it works exactly the same (PCM audio only), I can only get any sound at all if pass-through is disabled in all player software. 

The sound works via spdif but is always in PCM mode on my receiver, if I set it to pass-through I get nothing when 5.1 or DTS streams are playing.

It appears there is a "advanced audio" option missing in the android tv settings to select which output you want to use, so it defaults to PCM regardless.

I've raised the issue with Mecool, so wish me luck in getting a response!
Same to you. I am getting stuck with config passthrough with KM6. Do you have any good news Big Grin Huh

Messages In This Thread
RE: MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC - by bimken - 2021-09-22, 06:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0