[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2021-09-28, 19:48)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-09-28, 19:21)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2021-09-28, 14:59)jdig4240 Wrote: Drinfernoo, I almost gave up and deleted this addon. I kept getting constant Kodi crashes after entering shortcut pages and exiting. I setup a bunch of shortcut sections, so i didnt want to give up easily. So I found the fix in my situation. I remembered other addons having this issue also, which turns out to be the Language Invoker. Some addons have an option to disable this feature, but Autowidgets does not. After manually changing to false in addon.xml the issue was fixed.         <reuselanguageinvoker>false</reuselanguageinvoker>. So just maybe a suggestion. If you can add an option to disable this in AW settings? As this was driving me crazy for the last couple days. No helpful stuff in kodi.log because it just crashes kodi immediately. Using Amber Skin, Windows 10. Kodi 19.1.

Interesting... I can look into adding an option for it, but would rather find the root cause. The language invoker causing issues is more of a symptom than a cause, and could mean something else may be wrong, as AutoWidget has had that setting turned on by default since even before the 2.0.0 release.

EDIT: May 17th, 2020, to be exact: https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro...6984b2bb21

Yea, I cant pinpoint the cause. I just started using it again. I used it at the beginning, but as it was new and you were making changes that would break all the shortcuts i made on a previous version, it became exhausting to redo every update. But now hopefully breaking changes will slow down and I can really start setting up my shortcuts again. So the issue was with shortcut groups. After I completed a shortcut group, i added a main menu item shortcut or a submenu shortcut to an autowidget shortcut group. It opens fine, but when I click back to the home screen Kodi force closes about 50% of the time, no usable info in the kodi.log with debugging on. Just Kodi .dmp logs. As I remember language invoker caused issues on certain other addons with certain skins, which led me to look for the setting. After setting it to false, not one crash.
*I will test the same shortcut groups with a different skin with language invoker True, and see if i can replicate it, but for now since I have Amber all setup the way i want I will just set to False and up the version #of AW to stop updates.

It's possible that the shortcuts you're adding are things that shouldn't be used as shortcuts. That's the only thing I can think of.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for next version - by justin150 - 2021-03-08, 13:37
RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - by drinfernoo - 2021-09-30, 05:36
Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 05:33
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 07:11
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 16:10
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 16:51
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 23:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1