Beta Testflight access to beta version
@Buschel

I discovered another way to break the gesture pad. This time it’s on the main remote control and not using the remote icon.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Tap Remote control, tap gesture pad to activate it, tap the gear icon in lower left, tap “more”, tap “Done”, now you can use gesture navigation on the remote control and the gesture pad area no longer works. (Swiping just slides the whole remote view).

2) I should add that after you initially tap the gear icon and the remote is only partially revealed the only way to get back to it is to tap a revealed portion of the remote, trying to swipe it does not work. As this swipe gesture has been a pain to implement it might be a big ask but maybe it would make sense to enable the swipe back gesture if the remote is in a partially revealed state. The app feels stiff and inconsistent in this spot.

3) The screen that I initially thought was pointless and that you pointed out had one feature - the torch button. It actually serves a real purpose, when your Kodi box is not on, you can tap your Kodi connection and then swipe to the right screen. You’ll see the familiar torch button but below it is a Wake on Lan button now. So definitely wouldn't want this screen removed.

4) I also found another inconsistency with the swipe gesture that occurs at various spots in the app. It’s probably related to a swipe right to left gesture animation in the app.

To reproduce: bring up the main remote control. Now swipe left to right just a little bit, reveal maybe a half inch of the left navigation bar, and let go. As expected the remote re-centers itself. However, swiping right to left the same amount and letting go immediately takes you to the right hand screen. Its hyper sensitive.

5) I actually just tested this and it’s a major problem with the gesture pad being set as the default in the app settings. It actually doesn’t work! The swipe navigation gestures are enabled making the gesture pad unusable. Tapping to enable the button navigation and toggling back to the gesture pad does fix the problem, however as we discussed before every time the remote is accessed it gets reinitialized and in this case back into a broke state.

6) I swear I don’t just sit around all day tinkering with the app. 😉

Messages In This Thread
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-10-30, 15:26
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-10-30, 18:36
RE: Testflight access to beta version - by amasephy - 2021-11-08, 01:00
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 17:01
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 17:44
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 18:47
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 18:57
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 19:28
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-15, 21:13
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-15, 21:25