WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-12-06, 05:00)AkVRkSeN Wrote: I have  no idea if I did the "update" the right (or best) way. I went into github, find that the change was in kodi.py, selected show raw and downloaded the python file. Copied it to a sd card from my PC, put it in the FireTV and copied to the location on the FireTV. It felt clunky but it worked Smile.
That's probably not the easiest way but it also gets the job done ;-) The easier way would have been to download a ZIP archive from Github, copy it to your FireTV and then use "Install from ZIP" in Kodi's add-on browser.

BTW if you want to narrow down which data was causing the issue you can take a look at the log files. It should contain a warning starting with ignoring person followed by the label of the media item. If it's a tvshow or an episode it should be possible to narrow it down. If it's a season the information will probably not be that helpful...
(2021-12-06, 05:00)AkVRkSeN Wrote: In my kids short lives, those are the happiest four lines of code Smile for them. Thanks again.
Haha glad to hear it made your kids happy. Thanks to your feedback I'll push the fix onto master and it will be available with the next official release.
(2021-12-06, 05:00)AkVRkSeN Wrote: I have tried some of the other addons for working with an Emby library and this take the cake. The instructions are clear and easy and the solution executes really quickly. Thank you!
Thanks for the high praise.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Messages In This Thread
Unexpected Behaviour - by LongMan - 2015-04-20, 23:53
RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - by Montellese - 2021-12-06, 09:39
20.2 Generic Builds - by LongMan - 2023-07-20, 04:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10