Beta Testflight access to beta version
@Buschel

Thanks for another beta.

So a few things I’ve noticed.

1) All of a sudden I started getting a popup on the app concerning TCP. I’ll attach that below. I tapped to enable it and my connection turned green.

Later when I used Kodi I noticed it reset. I went into actual Kodi settings and enabled the setting you mentioned several posts back to enable proper TCP connection and all seems well now. Still, it’s strange I was getting a dialog in the app. Is this something new?

2) A second thing concerning enabling TCP. I was able to trigger another bug that I was finally able to reproduce. In certain contexts where Kodi asks for user input the remote app keyboard will actually display the input text context. For example, if you try to add a new file source in Kodi you can enter a name for the media source. If you select this box from the app, the keyboard is brought up and the same text prompt is displayed in the app. However I think this text should be white. It’s currently black which is really hard to read and may be an artifact from when the color scheme was different? I’ll attach a screenshot of that too. Note this context text only appears when you have a proper TCP green connection.

3) I tested the keyboard dismissal you implemented per my previous find. This gets dismissed correctly now but there are some inconsistencies.

When you swipe to the left pane it dismisses the keyboard. When you swipe back, the search box is not activated and the keyboard does not show up. This is expected. However if you activate the search box, bringing up the keyboard, and tap the remote icon bringing the remote control into view from the right, and swipe back it will reactivate the search box and bring up the keyboard again. I don’t think this is intended.

4) I’m not sure if this changed or not recently but I was playing with the Kodi server settings screen where you enter IP, user name & password etc and found this to be incredibly difficult to navigate. I’m not sure if the cursor is simply black or if there is even a cursor at all. You really can’t tell which box is selected until you start typing. I’m not sure how much work it would be but the text is rather small here too. May I go the padding could be reduced slightly on the sides. Too my eye it also looks like there is a slight amount more padding on the left side than right. Yes, this is a major nitpick. 🙂

Messages In This Thread
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-10-30, 15:26
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-10-30, 18:36
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 17:01
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 17:44
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 18:47
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 18:57
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 19:28
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-15, 21:13
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-15, 21:25
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-20, 13:34
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-20, 16:53