Beta Testflight access to beta version
Here’s a revision based on your feedback. Keeping controls and codecs stationary. Still more to come but before I waste time going I the wrong direction please provide any feedback good or bad. 🙂

By the way, apologies for the cropped view, that is an artifact of the image pasting site. You can view the image u altered by going into the original image via the link on that site. Looks fantastic when viewed on my phone.

Changes:

Shift elements to fit movie art
Further Dim and shrink codec labels
Reposition proposed new favorites button.

Fill music art by width.
Fill Movie art by height.

Likely you’ll have to use math to calculate aspect ratio and go off of that for fitting to width or height or you’ll definitely run into unexpected edge cases.

For the gradient - for me it’s about the header and footer screen areas that I’d like using a gradient. I don’t care for the hard edge and I think these areas need to have a different color to give them some definition. I think it provides a little more visual interest having a gradient.

Btw, I would get rid of that Kodi logo that is visible when flipping between now playing and the playlist. IMO it’s just cleaner to leave it out. I know UlfSchmidt has mentioned in the past about there being too many logos visible.

For me adding the codec labels really takes advantage of screen space. The current app implementation is so sparse. Likely a result of growing device sizes. You already know how I feel about older devices holding back newer ones. 🙂

Looking at the images again I’m thinking about swapping the codecs and media title positions. Will post back later with alternative samples.

Edit: I think I like this layout more. The controls are moved into a more comfortable position. Codecs dropped to the bottom as are least important.

Proposing using the Kodi blue for the loop and randomize activated. To make safe for color blind a dot is placed beneath when activated.

Added heart for favorite as a place holder for another button.

Finally, added dynamic background lighting. Keeps the gradient I like while implementing the style background you teased months ago.

Messages In This Thread
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-10-30, 15:26
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-10-30, 18:36
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 17:01
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 17:44
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 18:47
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 18:57
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-14, 19:28
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-15, 21:13
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-15, 21:25
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-20, 13:34
Testflight access to beta version - by ksooo - 2021-11-20, 16:53