Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-05-17, 18:42)Snippo Wrote: If XBMC gets ported to the Allwinner A10, would it also work on the QWare tablets which j1nx talked about? If it does I might as well get a tablet from a local shop instead of ordering a Mele A1000 in China. Or does the Mele A1000 have any other advantages over an A10 tablet? (except remote/VGA/LAN/optical)

Yes!

All Allwinner tablets are booting U-Boot from sd-card as primary boot. So that basically means that if you insert a proper prepared sd card into any Allwinner device it will boot from that card.

The only issue with tablets is that they have other hardware attached to (screen / Touch screen / etc.) If you want to use the touch screen and all you will need to have those drivers aswell.

Now as I can judge from the sideline. The sources released by QWare consists a LOT of this extra drivers (if not all).

It is not very wise to use the tablets as development boards. Allthough you can get a UART console out of the sdcard reader, then you can not boot from it and vica versa.

I would advise to wait a bit. We just figured out we have almost everything for a proper 3d support in X11. So with a bit of effort we could have a proper X11 envirnoment with openGLES. (mali.ko and ump.ko are compiled from sources. mali_drm.ko is almost done and we have all closed source library files from ARM as well)

Then it is only a matter to create a player utilizing the VPU from allwinner.

Give it some time and you would be able to download disk images ready to boot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ? - by j1nx - 2012-05-18, 13:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15