brief green pixelation during resume
A little update, and more sad news. I went out and (foolishly) bought a graphics card expecting my green pixel problem to go away. I purchased the HIS Radeon HD 6670 1GB and put my build into a different case I had lying around intending to upgrade the ML03B if my tests worked. I put in the card and installed Win7 64 then the 12.3 Catalyst drivers - making sure crossfire was enabled for maximum performance. I installed Eden and went to play several files that were troublesome and there it was again, that evil green macroblocking with DXVA2 turned on. With DXVA2 off and just DXVA on I'm not getting the green pixels but I am still getting some pixelation/macroblocking (greyish). I thought I was building a powerful enough HTPC to have no worries about DXVA2, apparently I was mistaken. The frustrating thing is that I do get the best performance with DXVA/DXVA2 turned on aside from the brief pixelation during skips and resume and I really want to use this setting because of the great CPU levels and for the fact that I BOUGHT THE HARDWARE FOR DXVA! I feel like digging a hole and burying the damn build.
Also let me just make a note, ALL of my media are 1:1 bluray ripped to mkv using makemkv. Too often I see comments on here from guys that are not using 1:1 rips talking about everything working perfectly. I'm sure it is working perfectly when you're playing 12GB files at low bitrates, but that is not the purpose of my home theater or the equipment I use. Not trying to rip on those users at all and each person has their own standards, just saying the level of hardware/decoding is different for small vs large files.

Messages In This Thread
RE: brief green pixelation during resume - by tman12 - 2012-04-26, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
brief green pixelation during resume0