brief green pixelation during resume
I just wanted to give a small update. I've been reading around and learned that it could be a timestamp issue so I ran the file that we all tested through TsMuxer (which creates timestamps) and played it straight from the M2TS and I received no drops with DXVA2 turned off - with it on I still had green. I then ran the file that I created with TsMuxer in MakeMKV and the drops were back - really weird and it almost makes me suspect the player in XBMC is reporting false drops in MKV or MakeMKV is doing something strange with the timestamp causing drops, I don't think so though because of my next comments.

I found out about MadVR which I had never heard of before and I have to say WOW this is one fine piece of rendering software, using it with MPC-HC the picture is much better than what I'm getting on XBMC and I have yet to see a drop in frames. I think I'm going to use this as my player now, but I would like some help if anyone can provide it. I saw a video on youtube showing XBMC launching MPC-HC without showing desktop and without showing the MPC logo page (startup image). I can't figure out how to do this, I have the playercontrol file set to launch the player and it is working but it shows the desktop and then launching MPC with the startup logo. I guess it will work better when I set XBMC to a shell, I'm away on business right now so I can't test but any help is appreciated. I'm also hoping I can use the internal player for PseudoTV while using MPC-HC for my regular viewing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: brief green pixelation during resume - by tman12 - 2012-05-02, 22:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
brief green pixelation during resume0