Interlaced video output - proof of principle
Yes when I refer to an interlaced display I include flat panels that accept 1080i and there's a lot of those.

I am pushing this because it potentially avoids a lot of problems associated with watching TV material (XBMC-PVR) and camcorder home movies which generally are interlaced. The right hardware combination to support this is woefully limited. For example all nVidia ION based systems cannot perform combined IVTC and temporal-spatial deinterlacing for 1080i video at the required frame rate. AMD E350 boards running Linux cannot do ANY VA deinterlacing because it is not supported by VAAPI (actually this applies to all AMD graphics cards).

Currently the only adequate hardware setup for Linux and XBMC is one containing an nVidia graphics system with enough grunt to perform IVTC and temporal-spatial deinterlacing at 1080i 60fps. Since the only graphics systems capable of this are PCI cards, the motherboard must have a PCI express 16 slot to. That means a large form factor PC case. These cards are also power hungry.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interlaced video output - proof of principle - by Stu-e - 2012-04-27, 11:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interlaced video output - proof of principle0