Realistic expectations of XBMC performance on ATV2?
Slowly moving our home toward full-fledged XBMC usage and cutting off cable for good.

I have NFS share set up on my Synology NAS DS111. This share has movies, TV, and thumbs folder.
MySQL is also set up for library syncing across multiple devices.

My advancedsettings.xml has the MySQL login, port, etc info, and I also have path substitution section in this file, replacing special://(something for thumbs) to the NFS share for thumbs.

Works beautifully on my MacBook Pro, as well as WinXP machine. No bothersome delays anywhere when navigating through the video library of movies and TV shows (fanarts come up quickly). Same for any location in my house, including where my ATV2's are.

However, my ATV2 has noticeable delay when navigating the movie library.

For example: clicking on "Movies" from home screen, there is at least 5 seconds wait before I see the list.

And then when I navigate down the list, from one movie to next, the fanart takes maybe 1-2 seconds to load.

It's one of those things that makes me go "hmmmm" and makes me wonder if I should be buying a stronger HTPC (ie: Zotac (sp?) or some other small built computer)

Is this pretty much the norm for XBMC experience on ATV2?

Messages In This Thread
Realistic expectations of XBMC performance on ATV2? - by darthdiablo - 2012-04-27, 16:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Realistic expectations of XBMC performance on ATV2?0