HDMI audio not working with HD files
Thank you for the responses so far.

Yes, you are right elpirata, it seems to only occur for mkv files. I have tried speaker configuration 2, 3, 5, and 5.1 but did not have any luck there (I only have a left, right, and a sub if that matters). I tried changing the other radio button settings as well which did not seem to do anything for this issue.

Just now I tried changing XBMC to use the Analog setting and plugged a cable into the headphone jack of box running XBMC live... Interestingly I get the same results - audio does not work for mkv files, but works fine for other file types.

Thanks for the details from the last poster as well, but based on the new information that it seems only related to mkv files does your advice still apply? I don't really know what 'DTS / AC3 passthrough' means and I wanted to only mess with the asound.conf as a last resort Big Grin

By the way, I would prefer to use hdmi instead of analog, as I usually use that cable to play music from an iPod and would rather not have to switch them out all the time. I just wanted to do some more trouble shooting and hopefully provide some more information.

Edit: Also, I could not find the option to disable onboard audio in my BIOS. I could not find anything like an Integrated Peripherals section at all actually. The top tabs are: Main, Advanced, Boot, Chipset, Perform Settings, Exit. Under Advanced I have: PC Health Monitor, USB Configuration, CPU Configuration, IDE Configuration, ACPI, PCIPnP, and Security.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HDMI audio not working with HD files - by Terminum - 2012-04-30, 17:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI audio not working with HD files0