Ultra Budget HTPC Build - feedback wanted!
(2012-06-03, 00:46)helpermonkey Wrote:
(2012-06-02, 21:12)Mick1152 Wrote: Just bought a 128GB SSD for my new desktop system from amazon, bought it at 4am, at 9am the price had dropped and they wouldn't match the new price or let me return it because the order was still processing. Not a big fan of amazon these days.

I'm not sure what you mean by return it (as you can't return something you don't have), but you can cancel the order through amazon without much more than a click or two. There's a big button to cancel on the order page for your item.

Nope, it was disabled on the website and when I called their number they said it couldn't be cancelled because the order was currently in processing and I would have to call back later once the order was approved. Problem was, I ordered it to be sent overnight so it went from processing to shipped and I can't do anything about it. Not a huge deal but, sure sucks to miss out on a lower price by a few hours and have the retailer not be willing to do anything about it. Worst part, it didn't show up as shipped until after the lower price took effect. Not a big fan of amazon right now and won't be buying from a retailer without a price match policy in the future, especially with how fast some of these prices are dropping.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultra Budget HTPC Build - feedback wanted! - by Mick1152 - 2012-06-03, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ultra Budget HTPC Build - feedback wanted!0