Linux Making my own movie set
Hey, I've been using and loving XBMC for a while now and I'm just adding some final things to my library.

I have a set of dozens of movies I'd like to add - Disney movies, actually. There is no set for these on the Movie DB site - there used to be, but it got removed - so I'm trying to make one myself.

What I'd like to do is leave all their info exactly as scanned, except add a set name - that is all. They're already in separate folders and scan perfectly.

I've tried making an NFO file with just the < set > tag as follows, and copied it into every movie directory:

Code:
<movie>
    <set>Disney and Pixar Collection</set>
</movie>

...so my directory structure is as follows:

Code:
.../Disney Collection/101 Dalmations/Disney.nfo
.../Disney Collection/101 Dalmations/101D.avi
.../Disney Collection/Aladdin/Disney.nfo
.../Disney Collection/Aladdin/ALD.avi
etc

Now, this works - the movies are now in the set - except all the information is gone! They have no titles, dates, anything. (I'm guessing that would have to be in the .nfo, but there's too many movies for me to do by myself...)

I'm looking for an automated way to just add the set info to each movie. Perhaps there's a way to scrape all the scanned movie info into an .nfo in each movie directory, then I could make a script to add sets to these? Or maybe there's an addon that has this functionality?

(note: I'm on Linux so I'm afraid I can't easily use Windows media managers.)

Any help would be really, genuinely appreciated! Smile

Messages In This Thread
Making my own movie set - by Xero Xenith - 2012-07-01, 19:33
RE: Making my own movie set - by Martijn - 2012-07-01, 19:54
RE: Making my own movie set - by Xero Xenith - 2012-07-01, 20:59
RE: Making my own movie set - by Ned Scott - 2012-07-01, 23:13
RE: Making my own movie set - by Martijn - 2012-07-02, 00:00
RE: Making my own movie set - by PatK - 2012-07-01, 23:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Making my own movie set0