Redbox (Lionsgate) titles without HD audio
I'm an infrequent renter from the Redbox kiosks. Usually i wait for their free rental texts each month before i visit again...

I'm noticing a disturbing trend though. I rented The Hunger Games a few days ago, and today I brought back Cabin in the Woods. These are both Lionsgate releases, and both of them have the HD audio stripped from the disc, and only provide a DD 5.1 track. Hell, on the Cabin in the Woods disc it even has a DTS-MA HD label imprinted on the disc! I decrypted them and poked around in the titles seeing if it was an obscure playlist that had the HD audio, but none were to be found.

I understand not including special features and extended/director's cuts on rental BDs, but stripping away audio tracks?!? I've not noticed this on any Netflix titles yet, but I guess it's only a matter of time. Hopefully this is just Lionsgate doing this, and not all the studios start doing this...

Anyone else notice any rental titles with the HD audio stripped from it?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
Redbox (Lionsgate) titles without HD audio - by thrak76 - 2012-09-19, 21:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Redbox (Lionsgate) titles without HD audio1