Cinemascope-Friendly skin. What to change?
Hello,

I have been waiting for ages that someone launches a Cinemascope-Friendly Skin, but it looks like that's not going to happen in XBMC, so I thought I could make the changes myself.

The problems is known. I have a 2.40:1 Projector Screen, the projector delivers the image in it's native 16:9 Format but the projector is setup to fill the cinemascope screen with the cinemascope movie and the black bars are "projected" outside the screen (since they are black, it's no problem).

The problem is that XBMC and its skins outsput the menu in 16:9 format. That means I have three solutions:

1- To deliver the menu at the fixed height of my screen, meaning black bars to the sides (not good)
2- To deliver the menu at the fixed width of my screen, meaning part of the menu is projected outside of the screen (fatal)
3- To design a skin and customize XBMC to deliver a 16:9 menu with black bars on top and bottom outside the screen (perfect!)

I would need some rough guidelines about what/where needs to be change in a skin in order to show all its data in a 1920x800 window (with black bars up and down), and of course without stretching/distorting the image

The idea sounds easy, but I guess there's some complexity on it.

I don't need a fancy skin, so I would start modifying the easiest skin (which?)

I hope someone can help me on that... Smile

Thanks!!

Messages In This Thread
Cinemascope-Friendly skin. What to change? - by deibit - 2012-10-08, 17:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cinemascope-Friendly skin. What to change?1