Win HP MCE remote Guide button (and some others) not working
Smile 
Sorry for my english, I can only hope, you will understand me.Blush

First try to use ShowKey.exe (Google). This is simple tool, no install needed. It will show you, how Windows reacts to pressed button.

In Windows it works like this: when you press button on your remote, it will send some code to your PC (like: "0x21" for "Right" button)
Windows contains list of this codes in Registry. According to this list, it will translate the code to another code.

Example:
For "Right button there is the row: 21,00,00,00,04,00,4f,.
As result of it, the code 21 sent by your remote is translated (remapped) to code 4f. Code 4f mean "Right Arrow",

This is what Windows can understand, what "Showkey.exe will show you. This is, what any program in Windows can handle.

Problem is, the codes sent by some buttons (very often Info or Guide, or Red, Blue... button) are not same on all "MCE compatible" remotes. It can happen, showkey wil not react to some of the buttons on your remote (this was also my problem). It mean, the code sent by your remote doesn't exist in Registry, therefore it cannot be translated and Windows ignore it.

Then you must :

1/ find in internet list of codes sent by your remote (I mean exact your remote control, according to YOUR model number)
It wil contain something like this:
....narrow 0x27
info 0x0F
up 0x1E
right 0x21
left 0x20
down 0x1F
ok 0x22...

...one row for every button on your keyboard.

2/ run "regedit", open [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]

3/ check whether the code of not working buttons (f.i. Guide button) exist. If not, you must edit registry key - the best way is to export registry key, be sure to make backup of exportet file, edit exported file in text editor and then import it back to Registry.

Maybe it sounds complicated, but it is not.

Good source of informations is here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows.

If need any help, let me know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP MCE remote Guide button (and some others) not working - by KoMiKo - 2013-02-08, 12:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP MCE remote Guide button (and some others) not working0