libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
There is no Software Decoder Fallback yet right, so non supported files will be forced to play via the VPU even if it doesn't support it ?

Then i would say Hardware acceleration works here very nice for 720p on the RK3066 VPU, testing some more it seems 1080p has problems though 1 sample crashed the whole XBMC that works fine in MX Player and Rockchips own Player will continue testing (i started it when the 720p was still playing back in the background so could be an issue also with that), some overall VPU results (very recent firmware) can be found over here http://www.android-hilfe.de/sonstige-and...metal.html Smile

I will prepare my test Bitstreams including the ones in your description and test them with each released version and post a complete report
between Stock Player, MX Player and XBMC Hardware test, also if a Hardware overlay is supported with the OSD Interface and subbtitles which is the case for both the Stock Player and MX Player (seemless switching between Hardware overlay and GPU renderer Android GUI)

PS: This is some great work from everyone involved, also it's nice to see my AS@L5 Bitstream being used for validation here Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - by CruNcher - 2013-01-20, 22:30
libstagefright - by mo123 - 2013-05-14, 14:29
RE: libstagefright - by Koying - 2013-05-14, 14:30
RE: libstagefright - by Maverick5269 - 2013-05-16, 23:04
RE: libstagefright - by matander - 2013-05-19, 18:26
RE: libstagefright - by FreeFrag - 2013-05-22, 13:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10