libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
(2013-02-25, 14:30)Katch Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 13:25)Koying Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 13:47)Katch Wrote: Are we to assume that Herman's patched libstagefright.so is required for further testing and development of these builds on RK3066 SoCs? If so we could do with a link and explanation in the OP or we'll end up with a slew of problems stemming from users not having installed that file.
Indeed. Having a working libstagefright.so is only half the solution. The other half is getting it on the devices self.
I assume the level of post-sale support and updates differ greatly amongst the various device vendors, so It will be hard to have a one-size-fits-all.

As of now, I think the safe route is to keep blacklisting non-MOD16/32 vids, with the option of bypassing the blacklisting via advancedsettings.xml

---

Well, actually the one-size-fits-all solution would be that Rockchip renames the components in the corrected libstagefright.so, so that we can detect whether it's the fixed version or not, but that seems far-fetched.
A good one would maybe to somehow pass a version number in the metadata just after doing the OMXCodec::create...

I can't see the patched libstagefright.so making it into vendors ROMS & updates any time soon (if ever) - It is my understanding that OEMs are responsible for their own firmware and updates so they would need to pick up this fix and include it - I can't believe they are even aware of it.

So moving forward we need to assume that replacing the libstagefright.so is part of the installation process for RK3066 users unless they are using an aftermarket ROM that includes the fix - I will do what I can to disseminate the lib around the other RK3066 devs that I work with at Flashmyandroid and Slatedroid - but it will continue to be an issue for end users I feel...

Unfortunately I can see no easy way to distribute the patched lib as it requires Root and /system write access.

@Herman

Do Rockchip provide a base ROM to OEM vendors and will this patched libstagefright.so be included in future release through official channels?

(2013-02-25, 18:16)Katch Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 17:54)Gaenya Wrote: I got a question, the patched library works only on official rom?, because i tried it on finless 1.7 and the device didnt boot again so i had to reflash it.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask that question.

Thanks.

It works only on 4.1 as far as I am aware - what base is finless 1.7? Probably best to approach that ROM dev with the patched lib and ask for support rather than discussing it here.

it wont work on every current circulating jelly bean firmware see above

and blacklisting as Koying said should be left as hard as it sounds and as pretty useless it makes it by that overall Sad

The only real solution as said many times is a fully Hardware adapted XBMC like the AMlogic version else you still will need a external Player Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds - by CruNcher - 2013-02-26, 10:15
libstagefright - by mo123 - 2013-05-14, 14:29
RE: libstagefright - by Koying - 2013-05-14, 14:30
RE: libstagefright - by Maverick5269 - 2013-05-16, 23:04
RE: libstagefright - by matander - 2013-05-19, 18:26
RE: libstagefright - by FreeFrag - 2013-05-22, 13:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10