DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-02-06, 21:28)FCB38 Wrote: I use FFDSHOW for my videos and I change between 0-255 and 16-235 with the "profiles" function.
I use a remote controller with EventGhost and the plug-in called "ffdshow" then I can change the profile used by ffdshow.
If you're interested I can tell you more.

Regards.

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't ffdshow a decoder? I'm already pretty happy with LAV for the decoding and like I said I can change that to 16-235, but I'm pretty sure the renderer (in my case XBMC EVR) is not using that range. I'm mainly looking for settings that can be changed in XBMC EVR or maybe I will just use a different renderer if that is possible. Like I said, the picture quality is still very good but I prefer a more natural picture and right now it looks a little too digitized or dark - which is a problem IMO with using 0-255. I guess I could simply adjust brightness/contrast in the player and set to default but I don't really like the thought of having to do that.

EDIT: I just realized that you can change the color range by editing the xml file with the appropriate value, reading the Wiki is helpful! - Doh

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by tman12 - 2013-02-06, 21:49
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8