DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-02-26, 12:21)Bjur Wrote: Question:
In the earlier Eden thread there was a guide from Alexrose, where he recommended to install LAV filters 32 bit, since XBMC couldn't use 64 bit. Is that still valid or can you just install 64 bit filters only?

Indeed, there is no 64-bit XBMC for Windows so far. However, I'm not sure if XBMC code and external filter code are related. As far as I understand, DSplayer (or any other DirectShow player) calls external filters via DirectShow API without knowing their internal implementation (32 bit or 64 bit).

P.S. I guess I need to explain a bit about Video Database.
When Eduard K. added simple Blu-ray support via his AVsplitter, he also added special field(s) to MyVideoXX.db to store the info about titles or MKV editions where bookmarks (auto or manual) are set. It means that if you resume playback of your multi-title Blu-ray or MKV, it will resume from a correct title where you left it. The official Frodo, despite its Bly-ray titles support, does not have this feature, so it always resumes from a default title even if you have watched another title. So this feature is useful but it also has broken Video Library compatibility with official XBMC builds - you couldn't migrate seamlessly between builds or use a single central Video database for different builds.
Now it has been fixed - DSplayer keeps not one but two Video databases - a main database fully compatible with mainstream XBMC bulids, and another for the DSplyayer-specific data (Blu-ray/MKV title bookmarks).
However, I'm not sure how it will work if you have a central database and play your multi-title Blu-rays on different XBMC instances - with DSplayer and without. Now I'm experimenting with my own MySQL Video database, and I feel that I need to do some testing. I will keep you posted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Roman_V_M - 2013-02-26, 13:56
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8