DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help with a graphics card choice for a 'repurposed' build. I am currently rebuilding leftovers from my desktop upgrade to use as a new HTPC. I am coming from an HTPC with a Core2 duo and an Nvidia 7900 GTX. With this setup I get some stuttering and frame drops occasionally with h.264/1080p video using XBMC/DSplayer/LAV/No SVP and am not happy.

The new build will be with an i7 920 with 8gb memory and an 850w power supply running W7Pro x64. I will be running XBMC Frodo with AEON Nox and DSPlayer, LAV filters and SVP(ffdshow RAW as needed). NO GAMING. Output via HDMI to a Denon 4308ci and a 60" Pioneer Kuro plasma which is ISF calibrated. I want to bitstream DTS-HD MA as well.

I am down to deciding between a GTX 650 Ti versus a HD 7850 (about $20 more expensive). Using XBMC with DSPlayer and SVP, are there any advantages or disadvantages between these cards? I would appreciate any help or guidance anyone can offer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2013-11-25, 00:57
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8