DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-11-29, 20:55)oldpoem Wrote: Try using FFDshow RAW Filter instead of FFDshow Video Decoder. I used it with SVP before and it works.

Try as I might, I can't get the raw filter to work. I added it to filtersconfig.xml using the guid from graphstudionext ({0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}) and then changed the 'extra' to that filter name in mediasconfig.xml, but xbmc doesn't even insert it into the filter graph. Hence the reason it won't invoke SVP. If I manually create a graph with ffdshow raw as a post LAV filter in graphstudionext, it invokes it just fine.

But since I am using LAV as the main decoder and that is where DXVA is invoked or not invoked, I'm unclear how using ffdshow raw downstream would change whether LAV uses DXVA or not. I may end up putting up with the extra fan noise and using CUVID as you suggested if I can't figure it out. My guess is that using OpenCL in SVP and CUVID at the same time must generate more heat than just DXVA plus OpenCL, but I'm really don't know. The card is not being overclocked over the way it was shipped to me. Or else I'll just open the videos in windowed mode and then go to fullscreen. I'll map a key to '\' on my remote...

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2013-11-29, 22:28
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8