DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-12-04, 10:11)Bjur Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 03:05)Warner306 Wrote: For those still waiting for madVR integration with DS Player, I posted an extensive guide on how to use MPC-HC with madVR as an external player with Kodi. I still use DS Player on a laptop and enjoy it, but my main HTPC is configured towards maximum picture quality and I prefer madVR as the video renderer. I remain hopeful the video renderer in DS Player will be upgraded in the future.

1843499 (post)

I REALLY hope for MadVR integration too, but I am not using it with external player because of the missing integration with DSPlayer and also have read getting subtitles download like XBMC has is difficult with MPC-HC. Is that correct?

But again if MadVR ever gets integrated in DSPlayer it would be fantastic!!!

You can choose the source of your subtitles in MPC-HC or MPC-BE. Opensubtitles.org is the default. I'm sure set-up is more complex than Kodi (I don't use a subtitle database; they are all embedded), but there is flexibility to do as you choose. I also use Xy-SubFilter, which renders high-definition subtitles.

If you have a decent graphics card and know what you're doing with set-up, the picture quality is far superior than DSPlayer and is worth it to me. Getting used to the spartan OSD is disappointing, but outside of a blink of the Windows Taskbar showing when the player closes, the experience of opening and closing the player is very seamless to me. I have never had MPC-HC crash on me on any video.

MPC-BE is the better player of the two, but has focus issues with some graphics cards. Using the guide link posted, I estimate it would take someone two hours to set-up everything and give it a try. You can always leave out the player rules and launch MPC as a secondary player by using the context menu, C, and selecting "Play using." That's how I have my DSPlayer computer set-up. DSPlayer is the main player; MPC-BE is listed as an optional external player.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Warner306 - 2014-12-06, 00:25
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8