DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-23, 20:58)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 20:13)Warner306 Wrote: I wonder if aracnoz is going to code all of the madVR menus into Kodi or provide a way to access the default configuration panels? It would be great if everything could be done by remote, but I can't imagine having all of the menus and options included due to the amount of clutter it would create.

In my opinion, the default madVR panels are poorly designed and hard to understand.

Poorly designed ,yes. Hard to understand , no.

I think Madshi put adequate info for each options though.

I'd agree for the most part, but I find so many posts from people who use Lanczos scaling just so they can use NNEDI3 Chroma Quadrupling, which really does nothing to the image compared to plain old Jinc3+AR chroma upscaling.

Also, some swear that image doubling makes everything look better, but it clearly doesn't. Going from 720p to 1080p, you are wasting processing power by overscaling the image.

Debanding does not adequately explain that most exact copies of 1080p rips are in no need of debanding, with the exception of a scant few titles. More compressed content, on the other hand, is filled with banding artifacts.

I think it takes a lot to comprehend all of this information through a set of graphical menus.

Gamma processing and display calibration are the most difficult areas to understand. If you don't choose a display calibration setting, for example, then the gamma settings in a another menu do nothing.

In addition to resizing and post-processing, madVR is capable of doing a complete display calibration for your display.

Messages In This Thread
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Warner306 - 2015-03-23, 21:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8