HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
OK, so I went back and deleted the previous database and followed (as much as possible) the Wiki instructions. Since the tablet is the file source, there has to be some way for other Kodi instances to access the files and I chose UPNP (yeah, it works).

I think the Library is pretty squirrely. It took me a long time to get it to pick up content from the source directory, and when it did it ignored most of the videos. One that did make it in played perfectly from device to device, including resume points, but only if accessed from the Library itself or "TV Shows" (guess I need another one for Movies....). Any other access point just started the file from the beginning.

So now I'm stuck with the files that the Library can't/won't "see". I read the Wiki on Naming conventions and that does not seem to be the issue. Really annoying.

But here's the worst: for this to work for my husband, he has to be able to not only wander around the house with his tablet but also *leave* the house (like going to the gym). Kodi will hang on startup if the MySQL server is not available, so that's not good. I guess I could make a simple app to turn off/on the advancedsettings.xml file (just rename it on a toggle). But if he was resuming a video I assume the information for the start time would not exist locally?

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by nmyshkin - 2017-05-30, 20:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2