[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-11-09, 21:59)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*]Add: purge hashed site [site] and purge unhashed site [site] options…

@ctawn: Give purgetest unhashed youtube nickelodeon a try and see if it gives you expected results (the purgetest to purge to actually delete the artwork).
Great work, Awesome! I did some tests with v1.06 and seems to work as expected.

One caveat is that it revealed one underlying problem/curiosity which was the same whether I used the new purge command or the "x" command with the parameters I was using above (lasthashcheck = "" and url like "%youtube%"'). That is among the results:

Code:
Dry-run, would remove: image://video@afp%3a%2f%2fctwan%3apassword%40Computer.local%2fHardDrive%2fVideo%20%5bDriveName%5d%2fMusic%20Videos%20%5bNot%20in%20Library%5d%2fLongName%20-%20YouTube.flv/

That's a .flv video, not an image, and it's on a network volume (afp:// protocol). What business does the script have finding anything on a network volume, especially a video? (I had the same problem in a big way with the Thumbnail Cleaner script – it was returning hundreds of such results – which is how I got over here to the command line in the first place.)

I made a copy of the file in question as a backup and then went ahead and used the purge command. Script reports it is "Removing" it but thankfully the file is not actually deleted on the networked volume. I did the same with "x" command followed by the "d" command as I had been using with the same results (no actual removal), but no feedback either way.

Second issue, might want to include a bit of a safeguard for search terms that are too short with the purge command. I used a long space separated list and inadvertently had "4" as a search term when that was supposed to be just the first character of the search term. I'm afraid that was a bit destructive. I'd say a min of 3 characters is fair unless overridden?

(2013-11-09, 21:59)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*]Chg: If SQLite3 module not available, don't complain just force @dbjson=yes (should simplify ATV2/Gotham installations)
[*]Chg: If platform is darwin (ie. ATV2), use a better default userdata path
nice idea on force dbjson=yes. thanks.
note that Mac OS X also uses a Darwin platform underneath. so…

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by ctawn - 2013-11-10, 19:12
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17