[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-02-24, 20:38)Jowe Wrote: I copied the tn folder from my nas to downloads on openELEC box, and set that dir in config file. Run the script and then copied it back to nas. The folder is about 1/3 of what it used to be.

If you want i can try again and get the logs ant errors.
/jowe

You shouldn't need to copy thumbnails around to access them with this script.

If you're using path substitution then just specify an absolute path in the properties file to where the thumbnail directory can be accessed by the script. However if you're using a recent Gotham build, then the script no longer requires direct access to the Thumbnails folder for most options (it still does for r/R but not any of the cache or prune options) - by default it will use the JSON Texture API to manage the thumbnails and this API should (I think) support your path substitution.

If the JSON Texture API is being used (it's the default) and you say your Thumbnails folder is not accessible then I'll need a logfile to see what the problem is, in that case it might be an XBMC issue. If however you're not using the JSON Texture API (not a recent Gotham, or API disabled with dbjson=no) so that direct file access to the Thumbnails folder is required then it's most likely a file permissions or configuration issue on your part which you'll need to fix.

Although to be honest you still haven't really explained or shown any evidence of what the problem actually is - upload a logfile somewhere. Your config file would be helpful too. And finally, just confirm that the user running the script actually has read/write access to the path you are specifying for the "thumbnails" property.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-02-24, 21:24
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17