[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-02-19, 16:38)Milhouse Wrote: It would have helped enormously if you'd mentioned the exact command you used to perform the download. I can only imagine you've downloaded a web page instead of the source code. Take a look at what you've downloaded, does it look like Python code or HTML?

Anyway, I've tested the following and it works:
Code:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MilhouseVH/texturecache.py/master/tools/mklocal.py -o mklocal.py
chmod +x ./mklocal.py

You are correct. The contents of my mktool.py originally looked like html. I have no idea how I managed that because I was quite certain that I entered the same command that you mentioned above. But when I tried it again this morning (AFTER I posted the first message) it worked properly.
I should have thought to check the contents of the file sooner. Up until that time I was certain that I was missing a key piece of information because I was not able to reproduce anything I was seeing in this thread. Now the I have successfully downloaded the script I can see that this thread absolutely contains enough information to use the tool.

Thanks for the reply and help.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Computer Joe - 2015-02-19, 22:33
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17