[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-08-21, 20:00)lollo78 Wrote: but, as you know, I'm searching to get a full speed GUI (no lag when browsing media libray), so if I use mklocal to save all the artwork on the NAS, what I expect about performance?

Once artwork is cached, whether it's local or remote artwork, the performance of the client will be the same.

The time taken to cache (or scrape, when re-scraping your library) will be quicker with local artwork. Local artwork also makes more sense when you have multiple clients as it avoids repeated downloads, consistent artwork on all clients (a client could display different artwork if between library scrapes some posters or fanart became more or less popular on the remote artwork website, returning different results to those shown by your other clients), and eliminates the risk of the remote artwork disappearing entirely (in a MySQL environment potentially leaving the client unable to display the specified artwork).

(2015-08-21, 20:00)lollo78 Wrote: I think that local storage (microSD) is better (mine is a Samsung Evo 32GB class 10) and if all the thumbnail remains around 3 GB, I can archive it on the microSD.

Not really sure what you mean by "archive it on the microSD". Having the Thumbnails folder on local storage is definitely best for performance. Your original artwork should ideally be stored locally on your NAS and will only be accessed once from the NAS when it is first cached, after which point the artwork will always be displayed using the cached version.

(2015-08-21, 20:00)lollo78 Wrote: Actually my
Code:
/userdata/Thumbnails
folder is about 1,5 GB, but I doubt that is used well for the cache.
I gave a look inside this folder. It's full of actor images, shitty addon images (damned videodevil Rofl), music artists, movies posters (I don't see fanart)...

Yep, that's your cached artwork - your fanart will be in there. Unsure what you mean by "I doubt that is used well for the cache".

The artwork in the cache will be using an alternative filename - use "texturecache.py s <yourfanartname>.jpg" to view the row in the Textures13.db, which will reveal the filename (cachedurl) as it exists in the Thumbnails cache folder.

You can use "texturecache.py P" to prune the texture cache of unused artwork items and keep the size of the texture cache in check.

(2015-08-21, 20:00)lollo78 Wrote: but if I use texturecache on a movie, ad example:

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # ./texturecache.py jd movies "come cani e gatti"
[
  {
    "art": {
      "fanart": "image://http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/2GoKwjA0K7b3BnsvBXwm68PkaJk.jpg/",
      "poster": "image://http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/lkvYSafgMWo1n6kjwPm9qeLiCuw.jpg/"
    },
    "file": "nfs://192.168.1.68/volume1/FILM/Come cani e gatti.mkv",
    "label": "Come cani e gatti",
    "movieid": 1743,
    "title": "Come cani e gatti"
  }
]

I don't know why it search the poster from the web, when the same image is inside my Thumbnail folder.

This happens with all movies.

That's how it works - your media library references the remote (or, ideally, local) artwork, and when you display this artwork for the first time (or scrape it) on the client the artwork is downloaded, reformatted, resized, optimised etc., and then stored in the texture cache (a row is added to Textures13.db, an image written into the Thumbnails folder).

Next time you display the artwork it will be retrieved directly from the cache, and not the remote web site or locally from your NAS.

(2015-08-21, 20:00)lollo78 Wrote: Maybe I have to delete all the Thumbnails folder and recreate it in the right way? But how?
Thanks a lot for all the help :*

No, your Thumbnails folder is fine, you just need to understand the caching process better.

(2015-08-21, 20:00)lollo78 Wrote: EDIT: I looked also into my /userdata/Database folder. There are something missing?

Can't see a problem - what do you think is missing? You don't have MyVideosXX.db or MyMusicXX.db which is normal when using MySQL/MariaDB.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-08-22, 04:34
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17