[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-08-26, 19:52)effe Wrote: Will this works as a service to clear the texture cache every X seconds? I use Kodi as an informative point and I have some home backgrounds showing useful text that changing every 30 seconds (made with Imagemagick).

You can remove entries from the texture cache automatically if you know the urls of the artwork you want to remove - have a look at the purge option.

For example:
Code:
texturecache.py purge all informationpoint
will remove all cached artwork with urls containing the text "informationpoint", so if the path (url) for your backgrounds contains "informationpoint" then this should do what you require - each time you generate a new image you can just purge the texture cache of your backgrounds. Bit of a brutal solution, though. Smile

Edit: If you're going to run texturecache.py every 30 seconds in an embedded-type environment I would strongly recommend you disable the automatic version check/update mechanism by adding "checkupdate = no" to texturecache.cfg (or adding "@checkupdate=no" on the command line), not only because it would avoid unnecessary internet usage and hits on github.com, but also because you probably don't want unexpected behaviour changes due to a new version downloading itself automatically. Should you ever need to update, manually run "texturecache.py update".
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-08-27, 02:05
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17