[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-11-18, 02:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-18, 02:35)MANswers Wrote: Is this utility so complicated for gentiles like us to use, execute and benefit from it?

It does a lot, but it's not particularly complicated to use - you can be up and running in a few seconds (a little longer on Windows) if you follow the installation instructions.

At the end of the day it's a command line tool - if you understand what that is, you should be able to use this script. If not, you can choose to learn, or find something else that has a GUI.

(2015-11-18, 02:35)MANswers Wrote: I see a simple gui based utility on youtube with similar name, is this the same ?

Nope, that add-on is as dumb as a box of frogs, and as a bonus it will push "news" to your box. If all you want to do is nuke your entire texture cache - so that _every_ item of artwork needs to be re-cached as you browse the GUI - then sure, use that add-on, provided you're happy to accept the overhead of running something so ridiculously simple "as a service" (ie. it's running all the time).

If however you want to manage your cache a little more intelligently, the script in this thread is (IMHO) your best option, particularly if you're comfortable with a command line - if not, there's another add-on that offers to clean thumbnails (this add-on is not related to this script).

Your reply was very informative and tempting me to definately use this.
By the way, can i ask a very basic stupid question, whats the point of cleaning your thumbnails? what thumbnails? why use this utility, how does it benifit

I will start reading on how to install it now. Cos i know it definately does something good, and tons of ppl on here use it... so i am definately missing out something if i am not using and so many are.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by MANswers - 2015-11-18, 03:31
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17