[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-12-12, 06:57)firewater Wrote: Wait, I don't know what QA is, but what I gather from this is that this whole update thing can be triggered if something inside the .nfo is missing, like <mpaa></mpaa>, right? This is such a stretch, but I'm gonna ask anyway: can it do the opposite, as in, detect that an <update></update> tag is present, and then update those? This would only really be useful if there was a way to automate the removal of this tag after updating though.

A refresh will be triggered if a configured field (such as mpaa, or plot) is not populated in the media library database.

The script has no idea if the NFO contains an mpaa or plot tag, or even if an NFO exists - it will simply refresh the movie if the movie (as it exists in the media library) fails QA (Quality Assurance). By refreshing the movie, the hope is that any NFO file that may exist will include the missing fields, or the relevant information will be scraped from the internet.

Adding an <update> tag to the NFO will have no effect as the script doesn't look at the contents of the NFO.

(2016-12-12, 06:57)firewater Wrote: Oh, that's what you mean with url, ok. Well I ran the command with a movie that got the poster replaced (which really is all of them minus the ones that are foldered DVD/Blu-ray... like video_ts and such)

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi (Video)\portable_data\userdata>texturecache.py jd mo
vies Teorema
[
  {
    "art": {
      "thumb": "image://video@M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Teorema\\Teorema.mkv/"
    },
    "file": "M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Teorema\\Teorema.mkv",
    "label": "Teorema",
    "movieid": 593,
    "title": "Teorema"
  }
]

I tried with the DVD/Blu-ray ones, but they don't seem to be recognized (so probably they never updated to begin with... bug?)

There's no phyisical local thumbnail by the way. All the files each folder has is the video, the .nfo, and the poster.jpg. Not sure what a remote poster is, but I don't think it applies (sounds like it's for people who have Kodi or the videos separated on a different hardware/network, while I run both videos and Kodi from the same computer).

A "remote poster" is a poster image (artwork) scraped from fanart tv, imdb or similar web site, assuming the scraper supports such sites.

The scraper you are using is extracting a video screen grab from the video, presumably because it can't find a suitable poster file (remote, or local).

I suggest you contact the scraper maintainer for support on why the scraper is not finding and using the local poster.jpg artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-12-12, 21:29
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17